Re: A Red Scout Called My Name (maybe, or maybe NOT!)

After pitching the manual into the fire at 10:28 on 02/01/99,  Tom Mandera
uttered the following:

:
: I assume it had a full top on it?  Did it have a tailgate/liftgate
: combination, or one BIG hatch-back?  The "hatch-back" would also be 18"
: longer than a "TravelTop" Scout II.  hatchback + 118" WB = Traveler,
: while lift/tailgate + 100" WB = Scout II TravelTop.  If it had a pickup
: top, it would've been a Terra pickup on a 118" WB chassis.

Full top (but removable it appeared - I presume they all are, but I dunno!).

Combo gate & lift.

:
: > What would a reasonable sale price (range) be?
:
: ?? Who knows!  More details!

I called the guy... he wants $2,500 for it...

:
: Which motor?  304/345/196?  3spd or 4spd?  close/wide 4spd?  Does it

Didn't get that far!  I'm bummed by the price.  It may or may not be worth it.
It seem in Oklahoma *ANY* 4WD vehicle that can make power is INSTANTLY worth a
BARE MINIMUM of $1500.

: run?  Check the front body mounts for rust.. put your head in the front
: wheel well and look to the rear of the Scout.. there's a triangle off
: the frame and another triangle off the body that meets with this
: frame-side bracket.. that's the front body mount.. look for rust-through
: above the triangles.. on the body tub.. usually it's on the "angled"
: face (not the flat floor) and it rusts clean through and road spray
: comes in the cab.. my '72 sports mud streaks up the inside of the dash
: and windshield from crashing mud holes a few years back on 4th of July..

Thanks for the tips... filed for future ref!  Nice thing about GB's of disc real
estate... unless it (they)  crashes! %^}

: Does it have a 2spd transfer case?  (two shifters on the floor)  The
: single speed (pull knob to the right of the column) is a chain driven
: case.. could be argued it's weaker, and it lacks a low range.. IMO, a
: "less than desireable" feature.
:
: The Dualmatic (big black "cap" that turns 1/4 turn) is less than
: desireable.. while the Warn lock-outs and AUTOMATIC/LOCK-O-MATICs are
: fine.
:
: > All responses appreciated!
:
: More details, Peter!  We'll help!

I knew you'd come through Tom!  Thanks.  Sorry it was for naught.  I don't have
that kind of $$$$ now. Gotta get T-all running first!  I guess, it was just a
touch of IHC-aholism.

Thanks Tom!

--Pete
--