re: wheel studs

After taking a shot at JFK, the CIA operative turned on his listening
device and
overheard John Ekelmann (posing as amy lawson) say:

> can anyone tell me the right napa part # for rear wheel studs for my dana
> 44  I replaced mine with new ones for napa they said were right but looked
> a little long, and they are too long.  I have driven a few miles and today
> i jacked up my rear end and my tire feels a little loose even with proper
> lug nut torque, the lug nuts are bottoming in the threads on the studs and
> not properly clamping the tire to the drum and axle, i think maybe i got
> front studs instead of rear ones.  well tomorow i will change them when i
> put on my stainless brake lines if someone will tell me what trhe right
> ones are, i would remove the ones i have and get some a little shorter but
> i need to drive to the parts store to get them

I'd like to know the proper part length also. I picked up a set at
NAPA yesterday.. I planned to press in a  set this weekend for my
front discs that will soon sport the Warn hub conversion kit.

I was also wondering if I would be better getting something a bit
more trick, possibly something from the JEGs catalog.

I am not sure what to look for in a wheel stud?

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."