Re: "Four Wheel" Campers

>Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:50:04 -0500
>From: "Richard Knack" <birdman@domain.elided>
>Subject: camper for Scout II
>
>In the latest issue of "Four Wheeler" there is a photo that intrigued me.
>It's in the article about the RMIHR, and features a '72 Scout with a
camper.
>I contacted the manufacturer of the camper and was told that that model is
>no longer manufactured due to lack of demand. Does anyone know where I can
>find a camper top for a 1973 Scout II half-cab? For that matter, has anyone
>tried making their own? I've been looking for this kind of accessory for my
>half-cab since I got the truck, but no dice.

Richard:

You may want to consider an out-of-town subscription to the Rocky Mountain
News.  Or perhaps their classified ads are now on the web, even.  "Four
Wheel" Campers were made by a local Denver company, so there are a BUNCH of
them running around town.

In fact, I believe that there were two of them at the 98 RMIHR, and if my
memory is not totally worthless, I think one of them was for sale.  They pop
up periodically in the classified ads (pun intended) -- usually for sale
with the truck attached.  They replace the entire top of your Scout II, so
having a "cab-top" is not a requirement.

Some additional photos:

The camper in the raised position:
http://www.binderbulletin.org/images/travel/rmihr98/show.jpg

Another "Four Wheel" Camper (not in Magazine)
http://www.binderbulletin.org/travel/rmihr98/88.htm

Hope that helps,

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin