Re: Scout quits running

Jerry,

<< However on the way down we were happily running down the freeway when
the engine just quit on me.  I pulled over onto the shoulder had a
qucick look under the hood and then tried to start it again, it started
straight up no problem. This is the third time it has done something
like this.  Any ideas of where to start the diagnosis ? I was lucky
this time as I was able to drift out of traffic onto the shoulder but I
hate to think what might have happened staling in the fast lane in fog>>

This is precisely the problem I was having with my Scout. Threw out the Gold
Box system and put in a points distributor and installed a Pertronix ignition.
Have never looked back. Best thing I ever did for my Scout, outside the roll
bar. ;)

STeve