change throttle position sensor?

All,
        I'm taking out the speed control out of a 345 77 Scout II w/
electronic ignition.  It is position right next to the gold box and had a
vacuum line running from it to the speed control module.  So do I need to
replace the sensor or just stop up the vacuum port?  Engine isnt running at
all right now as I wait impatiently for my wiring kit.  Thanks...
                                        -Matt Seay