compression

ok, guys,

how much compression is too much?  and what would it do?

some one on tech talk suggested I pour a bit of oil into my cylinders.
did so, checked the battery (13.5, close enough), then tried to start
her.  she cranked real hard, then i heard a "thump".  tried cranking a
few more times, the "thump", but siunce I was using battery juice, it
slowed in frequency.

what did i (likely) hear?  should i be real worried?

joe

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]