suspension design

Does anyone have any information on 4 link suspension design, any good
books available?  I have seen both equal length parallel top and bottom
links, unequal length links, equal length non parallel links ect.  what is
best for travel and articulation? In the rear I am planning on a 3 link,  a
wishbone upper link and two lower outer links.  For the front a 4 link with
panhard.  any advice from someone who has done this or seen a setup like
this on the trail??  Has anyone seen a fully coil sprung scout?  I know jim
weeds uses a rear 4 link but with leaf springs.
TIA
John Ekelmann