Re: Rear Bumper + Towin'

> I saw a book entitled something like "How to Engineer a Trailer" at
> Amazon.com yesterday while doing a search.

Ahhh.. might have to place an order. :-)

> The "toad" systems that are out there only cost about $400. But, they are
> air operated so you need a source of compressed air on the towing vehicle
> if it has hydraulic brakes. That is where the other $400 of the $800 total
> comes in. For a compressor and tank and regulator on the towing vehicle.

I thought you meant I needed "air brakes"... shoot, Tom.. the rear
bumper I'm talking about will have storage for air in it... to work with
my existing on-board air compressor setup.. this would be a REAL use of
the compressor. :-)

I still say.. it gets towed without brakes for short distances.. until I
get a car hauler with brakes.

Even @ $400, it's better spent on an $800 pre-built trailer...

Thanks!

-Tom