RE: HELP!!! SCOUT II QUESTION....

Hey Matt,
Not to pick nits, but you said you installed "a" spacer.   Do you mean that
you installed "the" spacer?  The A/T equipped scouts used a spacer between
the starter and the block.  It is rather thick.  The manual tranny equipped
scouts did not use this spacer.  I ran into the same problem as you guys
when I purchased a new starter and installed it.  The old starter was
covered in oil and grime, and I missed the fact that it had a spacer
installed.  Once I cleaned the old starter off, I found the spacer, I
reinstalled it with the new starter and the world was fine again.  It has
got to be (in my mind, at least) you fried the solenoid when you tried to
start it with out the spacer, then when you installed the spacer the
solenoid was already fried.  It sounds to me like your next try will work.
You have not tried the new solenoid with the spacer yet.  Is this correct?

Let me/us know

Epp
The Scout Ranch