RE: soft tops

>From: jbade@domain.elided
>Subject: RE: Soft Tops

>All this talk about tops... and well.. I figure I'll add my bit.

>I got my Kayline Soft Top from Quadratrac or whatever there name is..
You
>see them advertised all over.  But anyway they got it to me right away
(less
>than a week) it came dropped ship right from Kayline and it was great.

I had the same experience but the vendor was GUS, It was For a SS II
which only the Light Line vendors listed at the time.

 >The kit was missing a few snaps and he shipped them out to me right
>away.

My top is missing a few snaps every time I take it off, which is my only
complaint. I have replaced more than 2/3 of the snaps. None of the high
quality brass snaps that I replaced the el-cheapo Kayline snaps with
have failed.

I have had my Kayline top for about 3 years and it's still in very, very
good condition. I treat it to 303 protectorant about 2 or 3 times a year
and make sure its clean before storing it (on the back of the Scout) for
the summer.
A little lube (i use silicon) on each snap *realy* helps when you put it
back on.

I also have the Kayline Bikini top (gosh, it still fits after all these
years)<G>.

Oh, and a Kayline swing- a -way tire /gas can carrier.

So other than the lame snaps I am a fan of Kayline and their service.

 >Just a Piece of my Mind..

>Jeff Bade
>Chicago, IL

Willy