Re[2]: Slushbox ASSISTANCE PLEASE!

     Tom,

        That sounds like the deal.  Only this morning it WOULD idle in
     reverse slightly.  Now nada.  Again, I park so that I can easily jump
     a few parking blocks and a curb or two to get out of the parking lot.
     Let me know what you find.  I'd love to understand the gods that
     reside inside an automatic.

        Magic, I tell ya, pure magis in there.  You step down, it goes,
     magic.  Shifts, downshifts, then REVERSE?  MAGIC!

     Thanks,

        Joel

     -----INCLUDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS-----

I'm not sure what causes the problem at hand, but I have 727 that
(according to it's previous owner) behaves just like that.

I was told this 727 will NOT hit 3rd gear.  Reverse works.. if you put
it into reverse, it won't move.  Punch the throttle, it'll "hook up" and
you can then idle in reverse.

Of course, it won't do any of that right now, with the tailshaft housing
removed, valve body, and a few other items.. as soon as it warms up, the
pump and clutches come out..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout