From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #515
Date: Mon, Jan 25, 1999, 4:37 PM

Binders,

        In my haste I may have neglected something of the perfect fix
for
     my rusty '74 T'all floors!  Wassamatta just put fiberglass layers
over
     the rusty floors, and seal the rust holes for good, and make it
just
     as strong?  It'd be a piece of cake to lay in some sheet and let
the
     resin soak around and seal the rust, and I wouldn't have to worry

     about trapped air pockets or any of that stuff.  I could just let
the
     floors rust for another 25 years, and fix them later, huh?  I
really
     don't want to have to weld.  That's what's been holding me up on
the
     project truck so far.

        Drop me your opinions on this, and BTW I plan to make the
fiber
     part good and thick as well as far out around the edges of the
rust.

        Whacha'all think?

     -Joel