Re: Michael's starter woes

Err.. a Dan:

The neutral safety switch is actually a pretty good diagnosis. Mine
works, intermittantly. I leave it that way to function as an anti-theft
device.

Occassionaly when I turn the key, nothing happens, even though the trans
is in park. Then I "whack" the shifter and try again. If it goes, good.
If not, I slide the shifter to neutral and try. If it goes, good. If
not, I slide the shifter all the way back and forward a couple of times,
returning it to park. If it goes, good. If not.....................
Well, it's never come to that in more than ten years.

The guy that rebuilt my trans was supposed to fix that for me but he
didn't. When I asked him why, he just said he forgot. So much for
service.

Tom H.