Re: John Lingenfelter

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 01:11:36 GMT josad@domain.elided writes:
>hey, guys, this is kinda old subject, but I'd forwarded the orginal
>message to my Machine shop instructor, Ed's slow in answering mail.
>
>any of y'all read this book by  Linginfelters?  any comments on it?
>worth buying, or just goto the library?

Haven't seen the book, but based on his reputation, it's probably full of
good info.

A bit of tirvia--back in the late 60's, John Lingenfelter was a tech in
the IH Engine Labs in Fort Wayne--probably where he learned to appreciate
high-revving engines!  I never met him as he moved on about the time I
started, but I understand one of the things he did while he was there was
to drag race a Scout with the 4-152 Turbo engine and he set some national
records for the class he was in.  I wonder what he'd tell us today about
modifying IH engines?

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]