WM Starter

This is sortof funny, 'cause I just went through the exact same thing this
week with the TE!!  Wound up with a rebuilt starter instead of just the
solenoid that all diagnostics pointed to.

I think Michael just should get the whole thing.. if he ever figures out how
to get it out of the front suspension.  It's just not worth f*cking with.
Of course, how many bad starters did John get?

As far as the wires- you need the little one on the upper ('S') terminal.
If you have points ignition there is also one that goes on the lower ('R')
terminal.  To get the "starting" action, you only need the battery lead on
the big cable.  The other ones are power feeds- necessary, but not your
problem if you can't even crank the engine.

Do you have a battery charger?  Not too expensive, like $25 for a 10 amp.
Real useful for "boolean" (Seems to work or dead) bench tests of stuff like
this.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA