Navistar/Ford, Engines

Being part of a "Harvester Family", yes we still call the company
Harvester, I too have heard of the Ford buyout rumors. I agree with
Howard and do not think that there is much weight to them at now, but
would not be surprised at such a move in the future. HOwever I think
that the company leadership wants to remain independent and that any
takeover in the immediate future would have to be hostile. The feeling
seems to be that those in charge have worked too hard at bringing the
company around to sell it off now. They also take pride is being the
only fully US owned truck company left. As far as new engines I am not
sure which ones you are talking about. The 6 cylinder version of the
Powerstroke is due out somewhere around 2001. New heavier duty engines
will come out with the Next Generation truck in 3 to 4 years.

David Nuenke