Re: For those of you without a place to go....

> You could even use caribiners to hold it up, and then use those for
> emergency rescue if someone falls off a cliff or something. (note: don't
> try unless trained!!!)

I dunno that I'm "officially" trained... I took rock climbin' in Gym
class.. never had the occasion to actually do any climbing yet...
besides, it's a lot more fun to drive past the rock climbers.. they can
do their little crawl and climb.. I'll just engage 4-low. :-)  (I need a
big winch so I can just winch up sheer faces.. just to see the rock
climber's faces...)

> > There ya go.  Another attachment for this toilet seat.. change out the
> > seat for a wider flat section of expanded steel (better wear flip-flops)
>
> Could just find some stainless.  If you get lucky.  Then you won't have to
> worry about getting tetnas shots every few years.:)

I was thinking standard expanded steel for 1) cheap 2) light weight 3)
built in drain.  The flip flops would be to keep your toes from getting
caught in the expanded steel. :-)

> It's very feasible...  Only problem I see is the coolant may not be hot
> enough for you....  At least for an extended period of time, however, this
> type of shower shouldn't be a 15 minute shower....

True.. though they sell hot-water shower kits that do just this.. attach
to the heater hose or rad hose and heat water as it flows through...
flow rate is probably a little slow, and it's probably not HOT water..
but better than "My Gosh that's COLD!"

> Possible.  But if you are getting water from a spigot, you shouldn't need
> anything like that.  Plus, you would have to prime the suction end into
> your bumper, and that won't be easy...  I would look into a pump that runs
> off of 12V.  Would keep it from sputtering air..

12V pump it is then.  Say.. what's a good, but cheap, electric fuel pump
put out?  Probably not enough.. need one of those big Holley pumps for
FI that puts out GPM not GPH. :-)  I assume a fuel pump would pump water
just fine.. and if need be, I'd have a spare really handy... (see,
re-use again)

Hmmm.. fill the bumper with gas before you leave.. empty the gas into
the gas tank when you get there, flush out the gas with water, then use
the shower.

> don't have rusty water coming out.  Not cheap, I know, but even if you
> just ran a stainless *pipe* with a heating element wrapped around it, I
> think it would work...  Actually, a pipe might be more feasible than a
> whole bumper.  And easier to make.  Not to mention cheaper as well...

How about a mild-steel bumper, with a plastic/PVC sleeve inside?  WAY
cheaper than stainless. :-)

Also, I don't plan on always getting water from a spicket.. they don't
have faucets in the places I prefer to camp.. ;-)

> Just my thoughts, I don't know how serious you are about this, but I think
> if you did it, and had the blender you will be the talk of the event!

Cool!  And I thought I felt popular when everyone kept walking up to me,
"So YOU are the famous Tom Mandera!" *last* summer.. now I can be "The
famous Tom Mandera with on-board margarita/milk shake mixer, espresso
machine, *AND* port-potty and shower!"

Sure.. and no one was suitably impressed with my plans on turning a
Scout II hard top into a camper/cabin.. I thought *that* would surely
get me some recognition at the next show... but no, the port-potty is
the show winner... well, I'm *still* gonna work on the Hardtop-cabin
idea..

Which reminds me.. at RMIHR, showers aren't needed.  One, there are
shower facilities, but TWO, it NEVER stopped raining the whole dang
time... (see my post on the "cabin" thoughts.. know why I want it?  My
tent was COLD and SOAKED the whole weekend..)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT - Inventor of odd things
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs - drivers/trail rigs/frame off projects...
'78 Scout II - Tuff Truck Racer... in progress