Re: For those of you without a place to go....

Sorry about that blank post, I hit the wrong button.*grin*

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Tom Mandera wrote:

> Blue Tarp sounds like a good idea.. I carry one in the truck most of the
> time..

You could even use caribiners to hold it up, and then use those for
emergency rescue if someone falls off a cliff or something. (note: don't
try unless trained!!!)

> > use it if their lines are long. *grin*  Or, make it a 2-seater, with
>
> AHHHH.  A way to finance my RMIHR trip!  What do you want for royalties,
> Dan?

Oh, I dunno.  A 196 that will drop in my Scout....  That would be good.:)

> > presto, instant shower.... *grin*  Come on, we all know you can do it...:)
>
> There ya go.  Another attachment for this toilet seat.. change out the
> seat for a wider flat section of expanded steel (better wear flip-flops)

Could just find some stainless.  If you get lucky.  Then you won't have to
worry about getting tetnas shots every few years.:)

> with "sides" (don't want ya slipping out the side).. lower the rack, but
> use the same curtain setup... and I'm on my way to port-a-shower.

Just get some of those non-slip sticky pads for the stainless,  and you
should be set.  You could even come up with a drain of some sort that you
could put a piece of drainage tile on to drain the water away from the
truck....

> How about installing a "heater element" (like a big heater core) inside
> the bumper, and plumbing it into the heater hoses up front.  One
> quick-connect fitting for an inlet, one for an outlet.  Run water
> through the bumper to pick up heat from the "core" inside it on it's way
> to the shower head.

It's very feasible...  Only problem I see is the coolant may not be hot
enough for you....  At least for an extended period of time, however, this
type of shower shouldn't be a 15 minute shower....

> I wonder if my on-board air puts out enough CFM to keep the Bernouli
> principle in effect for a shower.. fill the bumper and then use the
> Bernouli effect to suck the water out and spray it.. while still sucking
> motor water from a nearby water source.

Possible.  But if you are getting water from a spigot, you shouldn't need
anything like that.  Plus, you would have to prime the suction end into
your bumper, and that won't be easy...  I would look into a pump that runs
off of 12V.  Would keep it from sputtering air..

> This is do-able, Dan.

As if you didn't already have enough to do. *grin*

> And if the heater-core setup isn't enough heat, I could always add a 12V
> heating element inside the bumper for good measure...

I probably would.  And make the bumper stainless as well, so that you
don't have rusty water coming out.  Not cheap, I know, but even if you
just ran a stainless *pipe* with a heating element wrapped around it, I
think it would work...  Actually, a pipe might be more feasible than a
whole bumper.  And easier to make.  Not to mention cheaper as well...

Just my thoughts, I don't know how serious you are about this, but I think
if you did it, and had the blender (speaking of which, there was an
article in FourWheeler about a 2 cycle powered one a while ago...  Might
have to dig that out), you will be the talk of the event!

Dan F.