Re: Bushings & Springs

Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:

> speaking of Bushing and Spring & Shackles, anyone know what the
> proper size & quality of bolt (how much thread vs Shank) is appop for
> the spring mount, Also what the torque is ?

7/16" diameter.

Mine are all (but for the rear fixed spring mount) 4" long fine-thread
Grade 8 with double nuts.  That is, washer, nut, lockwasher, jam-nut w/
red Loctite.  I got tired of 'em falling off.

Skyjacker's instructions said "30ft-lbs".. but the Skyjacker tech said
to tighten 'em just enough to seat it.. but don't pinch.

Stock bolts that I took out were 3.5" x 7/16" fine-thread Grade 8.

-Tom