Towing

Ok,  I know we've talked about this before but I want to hear from a few of
you again about it.
I found a Scout II 300 miles south of me.. I can drive it back But I don't
know how well it runs.. etc..
I was thinking of towing it back.. But I don't have a hitch on mine... and I
need some work before driving it down there..
So I was thinking of renting something from U-Haul.. and Use my friends 95
Land Rover Disco.
I figure V8 (Small V8)  But it's a full box frame.. it well built and got
lockers on it. and a class 3 hitch I think..
Can I do it?  Should I do it?  Should I just drive it back and see what
happens?
Why can't it be only a few miles from me?

Thanx,

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII