74 IH Pickup Heater core removal...

Hey Listers,
I'm having a continuing battle with some mice that homesteaded
my 74IH, well I've got most of the nests cleared out but I still get
that wonderfull smell when the heater motor runs... The last refuge
for a nest is in the heater core housing.. I'm getting ready this
weekend to unbolt the plastic housing from the firewall (from the
engin compartment side) and I would like to just take the thing off
without taking the hoses off of the heater core (messy Anti-freez).
Then get in there with the shop vac and suck the little furry
bas@#$#'s out.. Is the heater core bolted to the firewall as well as
to the housing???

Phill
PS: Gosh I wish it would snow in Colorado so I can use this 4X4
Bowles Avenue Eye Care, Inc.
Littleton Colorado
We treat every pair of eyes as if a PERSON is attached
http://www.denver.net/~plknapp