Re: Travelall Tanks

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:12:20 -0600 Scot Clayton
<scotclayton@domain.elided> writes:

>Howard, I have a '69 T-All (4x4,345, 5spOD). The forward aux tank won't
allow
>itself to be "filled". It will overflow as if it was full (when actually
it
>only has several gallons). The dash mounted selector seems to work, but
since
>the gas has gone bad, it won't run very well. I've looked at the
downspout to
>see if it looks crushed, etc. and it looks fine. Any ideas?

Does this overflow come when the main tank is also full?  I've heard that
when the o-rings that seal the ports in the selector valve go bad, gas
will drain from the main tank into the aux., which is lower and it will
overflow.  Try filling the aux. with the main relatively empty and see if
it happens.  If this cures it, the fix is the selector valve.

But if as you say, the aux. is really mostly empty and it still
overflows.........??
Perhaps you are manufacturing gas in there.  Patent it.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]