j**p lift; was Re: IH pickups & revisiting lifts

>> a JEEP you have to do some modification to the transfer case if you add more
>> than about two inches of suspension lift.  He said that he heard that
>>the kit
>> for this cost about $600.00.  He said that the U-Joints don't compensate
>>enough
>
>Not sure on the price, but he's right.  It depends on WHICH Jeep, of
>course...

I'm not sure any Binder cares, but my CJ (and a lot like it) use the same
xfer case as the Scout, and so do not suufer when lifted. My CJ-7 has 4" of
spring lift and about another 3/4" of shackle lift in the rear. No more
problem than the Scout which just got the same mods.

Tom is absolutely right, it depends on the jeep. But newer jeeps are the
problem. BTW, lowereing the xfer case is IMHO a terrible idea. If you have
to do it, you're probably going to loose more than you gain. YMMV.

                                /////
                               ( / \ )
                              (  O O  )
             	  Bob Deruy  mailto:BobXian@domain.elided