Re: Travelall Tanks

Scott,
   I have this problem with my 71 Scout. The gas tank breather hoses
were dry rotted so I took them all off and blocked them off. This way,
the gas wouldn't go into the tank, it would back up the fill pipe and
overflow. I had to unplug two of the vent hoses. That works good, but;
now I can't fill the tank all the way up, because then fuel comes out of
the unblocked vent lines. One of these days I'll come up with a system
to fix this. I might even reinstall the vent thingy in the fender.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto