Vaccum wiper motors

For those of you like me with non functioning vaccum wiper motors, my
mechanic told me something yesterday that some of you may or may not know.
He said to unhook it and take it out, fill it with ATF, and let it sit (I
don't remember how long he said, but I think overnight would be good).
Then dump the ATF out, and hook it up.  It should work better, as the seal
(which he said is leather) will then actually seal, rather than letting
the air through/out.

Those of you with white gas lanterns/stoves/etc, that have a pump to
pressurize the tank can take the seal out and soak it in vegetable oil if
it isn't sealing right.  This I have done, and it does work...:)
HTH!!

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - Soon to be running again??