Scott Clayton's Travelall Tank

My '70 TE had the same problem.  It turned out that the vent line was
totally plugged.

The vent line in the '70 (and maybe your '69) runs up to a big plastic box
under the fender behind the wheel.  That box was cracked open on top (I
think more plumbing was supposed to be there) and the tire had obviously
been throwing dirt in there for a long time.

When I took the tube off and tried to blow through it, it was just totally,
totally, plugged.

And here's one for the "boneheads" on the BB page- So I blew really, really,
hard.  And was rewarded by the sound of like 1/2 of a pound of dirt going
into my fuel tank.

Sigh.  I went through a lot of fuel filters.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA