IH pickups & revisiting lifts

Evening Digesters,

I have two questions. Are the engines/trans/diffs, the same in the same year
pickups as in the Scouts. My friend would be interested in finding a pickup to
buy, if they share the same mechanicals.

Are there any downsides to putting in a 2 1/2 suspension lift in a Scout. I've
got a 3 inch body lift, and wonder if it might be better to put in a 2 1/2
lift instead of the 4 inch. Anybody ever put on in? Likes/dislikes?

STeve