Re: John L's cam post

When he stopped taking his medication, strange voices in John Fleck
<jlfleck@domain.elided>'s head said:

>I asked the price difference and there was none. The stock was
>the same price, so as for being expensive (premium price) they were not.

I guess I should clarify what I meant.

Buying a cam from a custom cam grinder like Delta is *usually* going to be
more expensive than buying a stock Federal-Mogul cam as part of a rebuild
kit from the likes of Northern Auto Parts Warehouse.

Delta cam may not have a price difference between the different cams they
offered you, but I would think they are generally going to be more
expensive than buying an "off-the-shelf" cam from Northern Auto Parts
Warehouse.  I think the price of the cam (as part of the rebuild kit I
bought) was right at about $60.00.  So if you paid only $60.00 for a cam
from Delta, that's a great deal.  But at least I saved paying the local
taxes by getting my cam through Northern.

>Just thought i would let the digest and you know from a buyers and
>satisfied customer point of view.

But don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to steer anyone away from buying a
cam wherever the please.  I'm happy with what I bought and where I bought
it (so far).  I a guy needs or wants a custom cam, then I'm sure Delta is a
great place to go.  I decided I didn't and don't need a custom cam.

Regards,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)