Australian slant-4's!!

I was reading an issue a couple of days back that mentionned some fo the
right-hand drive Scouts with 345's that were sent to Australia, and
because I lived some time in Australia, thought I'd comment on the ones
that I saw.

They were fairly abundant, (well, I saw three) but none of them that I
saw had the original 345.  As petrol down under is about 113 cents
American to the Litre (which I think is 22.7 cents a US gallon), many of
the Aussies found a way of making the 345 cheaper to run:

They would "cut the 345 in half"!!!  Yeah, they would just take out
every second piston, take all the valves, etc., off one side, and put a
plate in its' place.  And, they still ran pretty good on four cylinders.

So, now we can tell those Fords and Chevy @#$#@ people that a corn
binder will still perform with half of its' engine!!!

Thanks, Eric.