re: 3 SPEED REBUILD UPDATE

In a message dated 1/17/99, 10:24:01 PM, rlireland@domain.elided writes:
<<Well, we finally got everything back together. Rebuilt T90 3 speed, new
clutch
disc, pressure plate and release bearing. Problem is that I can't disengage
the clutch. The release bearing is moving but maybe not far enough to press
the clutch fingers enough to disengage the clutch?  I didn't installed the new

^^^^^^
pressure plate as it came from NAPA. Is there some kind of adjustment that
should have been done before it was installed?
Anyone have any ideas?

 What I meant to say was that I installed the new pressure plate out of the
box without doing any adjustments. Is there something I should have done to
adjust the tension on the clutch fingers before installing the pressure plate?

Roy Ireland
'65 Scout 80
Tucson, AZ
rlireland@domain.elided