Re: Stock CAM specs

 Howard R Pletcher wrote:
>All the V-8's from the first V-266 in the Scout to the last V-345 in the
Scout and the last V-392 in the T/A, are serviced with the same part
number, 151985-R5, for their cam.  I'd say that means they have the same
grind. (Well, if you check up on me, the first V-266 used 151985-R4, but
the raised part number essentially means only some minor variation and
not a change that is significant.)  I was surprised too, when I started
checking this out a couple of years ago.  I didn't look, but I'm quite
certain a Loadstar doesn't have a different cam either.<

Howard,

  Now that is truly weird !  I've always considered the cam to be the heart
of the engine.  To use essentially the same cam in all those engines
doesn't seem to make any sense.

  I thought some of the Detroit iron even used different cams depending on
whether you had a manual or auto tranny, much less whether in a dump truck
or a family's daily driver.

  Maybe that would explain why I had such a noticeable performance boost by
installing the Schnieder cam.

Doug