Black Dust?

Hullo Again!

And speaking of those weekend projects...

One of mine is to get the pan off of my Travelall before sunset tomorrow.

Situation: Pan was attached earlier in the summer using Permatex 'The Right
Stuff'.  I _was_ planning on removing old sealant gunk with a small air grinder
and a Scotch Rolox "Scotch Brite" disc (or two).

Question: At umpteen KRPM of the air grinder, will that send "Right Stuff"
'dust' anywhere it shouldn't go to the engine innards?

Or should I leave the grinder in the tool box, and just try to scrape off what I
can, and use "other" means (acetone and/or manual labor) to get the old sealer
off?  I've never had to remove The Right Stuff before - but it sure is fun to
apply!

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing - I do that a lot... just ask John L. Better to
ask for help/advice up front than to ask for the "fix" later!?!

Again, hope your weekend projects are working out well for ya,

Thanks again!

--Pete

pferris AT webzone DOT net

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he
will pick himself up and continue on."  Winston Churchill