Steering column in body lift

Okay, while I have some of you knowledgeable people responding on this
thought pattern:
If I put in new body mounts (2" body lift thickness), in a '70 Scout
800, will I have to cut out the hole for the steering column?  I am not
aware of whether this is simply a round hole only big enough for the
column, or if it has enough space to accomodate such a lift as this.
If I do need to cut it out, what is commonly used for this operation?
How thick is the metal here?  Do you take a hack saw to it?  A torch?
Some type of "super-snips"?  A Ginsu?  Does any alteration need to be
made to the steering column?  If I decide to put the PS equip from my
Scout II into this 800 model, when is a good time to do this?  I would
imagine I should do it at the same time as the lifts, so that I can make
sure that I cut the hole out to accomodate the new shaft-if there is any
difference.  If I do this swap, do I need to change the column as well,
or just the bottom half/portion?  Anyone done this recently and can tell
me about it?  Is there a convenient place to mount the PS box, or do I
need to fab something?
Also, If I go with about 4" of suspension lift, does that warrant a new
driveshaft?  I am assuming it will.  Does anyone make these, or do I
just find a local manufacturer of some sort to fab one?  Who do you call
for this kind of work?
What about caster?  I hear this mentioned on the Scout II's all of the
time, but few people talk much about the 800's.  Anyone that has
completed this procedure, please let me know any info and the names of
suppliers you used.
And Matt Sopher, you don't have to feel required to answer this one, as
you have been answering all day!

Thanks, Guys!  Sorry for all of the posts, but it's the long weekend,
and school has been so intense I haven't had much chance to ask anything
in a week or two.

Michael