help! weird sounds coming from somewhere

Hey all,

On my way to work the other day the Scout started making this strange
sound.  Sounds almost like a wheel bearing going bad.  Jacked it up,
wiggled the tire,  No wiggle.  HMMMMM, what could this be?  Go for another
drive, no noise.  Darn it where'd it go?  Head out to work the next day,
there it is again.  The needle on the speedo is vibrating as well.  The
Scout runs fine in all other ways.  No play in the steering, no wander, no
pulling, nothing.  I was thinkin' maybe the speedo is going bad.  I'll have
to disconnect it and see if the problem persists.  Any other ideas?  TIA

BTW this is on the 73 SII 392, T19 wide, D300

Theresa
President - Sierra Scouts
73 Scout II - the off road rig
64 Scout 80 - goes to the verifier on Tuesday, daily driver Wednesday.
YEAH!
62 Scout 80 - just for parts