Re: Hungry Fan Blades!

When he stopped taking his medication, strange voices in "Eric Sundman"
<ericbananaman@domain.elided>'s head said:

>Obviously a problem with the Scouts is the fact that there's about an
>inch between the fan and the radiator.  So, what kind of things can a
>guy do to prevent problems like what I just had yesterday????  I think I
>will probably just build a heavy-duty, australian-style bull-bar grill
>protector.

I can think of three possible things Eric...

1. Don't hit anything.  I know... hindsight is 20/20.

2. Build a huge sturdy bumper that has lots of mass... or maybe a PTO winch
and bumper like Steve Caldwell has which sticks out about 3 feet from the
front of the truck (OK.. so I'm exaggerating... it's more like 2-1/2 feet).

3. Relocate the radiator to the top of the truck with an electric fan and
run long hoses up there.  Think of all the storage room you'd have in front
of the engine!

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)