Hungry Fan Blades!

I had a rather unfortunate experience yesterday when, on the icy roads,
my Scout had an impact that wasn't even four-wheel-driving related.  I
hit the rear-end of a Chevrolet, and his bumper hit my grill (very
ubruptly)

Realizing that I'd stalled, i tried re-starting Kemo Sabby.  But, to my
dismay, it turned VERY slow.  Getting out, i noticed anti-freeze leaking
onto the icy road.  I thought the worst.  The hood wouldn't open until
after I had it towed home.

Sure enough, after using gentle persuasion to open the bonnet, I could
see that it was the worst.  One of the blades on my fan was stuck in the
radiator.  I think I have a line on a new grill and radiator, but this
brought about a question I thought I'd bring to "the experts".

Obviously a problem with the Scouts is the fact that there's about an
inch between the fan and the radiator.  So, what kind of things can a
guy do to prevent problems like what I just had yesterday????  I think I
will probably just build a heavy-duty, australian-style bull-bar grill
protector.

Thanks, Eric