Air tools icing up

John L wrote:
>Of course some sort of air line dehumidifier (like we have at work) would
eliminate this problem, but the cost is not practical for an occasional
home shop user like me.<

John,
  How about some of those little disposable inline moisture filters that
the paint shops sell for use with spray guns.  Around $5 to $6 for a
package of two.  They claim about 2 days continuous use in spray painting.

  You install the filters in the hose right before your inline oiler.  You
do have an inline oiler, don't you?

  But I'm wondering if all your icing is due to moisture in the line.
Remember those little CO2 cartridges used in pellet guns, etc?  Puncture
one of those and it'd turn to a block of ice before it was empty.  That was
moisture in the surrounding air not from inside the cartridge.

Doug