Need manual tranny rebuild advice

O.K., I need some advice from someone with experience with
manual trannys.  Specifically, what part of the synchro wears out?
I'm talking IHC T-34, the rear synchronizer (2nd/3rd gear).   It has
lots of parts:
240827R91 Ring, w/pins Synch inner rear
240829R1  Spring, sliding clutch (2)
240830R1  Pin, Spring (2)
240828R11  Clutch, W/pins and springs, sliding
240826R91  Ring, w/pins, synchronizer unit inner FWD
240825R1 Ring, synchronizer unit outer stop

This is EVERYTHING between 2nd and 3rd gear.
I found I can get all these, but we are talking $230 + freight!!!
I don't have it out to inspect for worn items, are there
any parts in there that don't wear out?  Or do I need
to bite the bullet and buy it all?

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup