Re: throttle body icing

I only have a few suggestions...one is to switch to some kind of dual
intake that lets you pass heated air (from an exhaust manifold stove, for
example) into the intake when this is a problem.  I have modified all of my
running vehicles to a manual control on the stock intake valve to let me
use this function.  This also seems to take care of other problems (like
faltering acceleration and otherwise poor performance in cold weather) that
all seem to be related to uneven temperatures on carburetors (and,
possibly, TBI units!!)

I suppose another idea could be to try using some kind of "fuel heater."
You can fabricate one fairly simply by buying a length of flexible copper
fuel line, wrap it around a piece of pipe, and inserting the pipe into the
heater hose on the driver's side.  connect up the "heater" to the existing
fuel delivery system, and you have it!  A friend of mine did this on his
Chevy Van (350 v8) and it seemed to do the trick, too..

After that huge discussion we had a few months ago about vapour lock, you
might want to build this unit with some kind of bypass setup to eliminate
the possibility of this condition during the summer...