Re: ihc-digest V6 #473

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Tom Mandera wrote:

> BadLands?  Not... South Dakota???

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I guess you didn't see the article.  It used to be
an old gravel quarry if I am remembering right, and it has part of the
Wabash-Erie Canal in it too, once again if I am remembering right.  It is
located near Attica, IN, and is only open to short wheelbase vehicles, of
which, I believe my Scout to be.  They also require self recovery, so if
you get stuck, you better have a way out!  I definately won't go there by
myself, and when I do, I want to have someone who is at least somewhat
experienced in 'wheeling, as I have no experience.  I think it is
privately owned, and they charge something like $20 to get in (once again,
I *think*, I am not sure!).  The article was in the October or November
issue of FourWheeler, because I remember the topic came up between me and
a few friends back around Thanksgiving, and I had just read it.  HTH.
BTW, WTH does YMMV mean??  How's that for abbreviations? *grin*

Dan Felix