Re: Girls and machines

Sorry about posting that last reply to John H. before I read the next
digest...*grin*  Tom H. is right, it was George Jones.  I knew it was one
of the older singers, but I didn't remember who.
Joel, I believe "what's under the hood" is an entirely different song, and
I think Billy Ray Cyrus sings it, I try to stay as far away from him as
possible. *grin*

Now for my IH question:
Since I am caught up....  Jeff Bade and I were discussing my Scout a
little bit over ICQ, and he will be putting a 345 in soon.  I mentioned
that I want to put a 196 in mine, and he said he would sell me his 304.
Aside from the (now, to me) obvious stuff, i.e. moving the rad forward,
new bellhousing/tranny (I want a 4 spd close ratio), and new motor mounts,
is this somewhat easily done?  What about my Dana 27 front axle?  Will it
support the weight?  I would eventually like to stick Scout II axles under
it, but that will be years before that happens.  Will I grenade the r&p,
or will the axle shafts go out first?  What about the emissions stuff on
the 304?  The state of Indiana doesn't have emissions inspections (yet),
so how easily is the emissions stuff removed?
I probably won't do it, but I just wanted some info before I completely
ruled it out.
Anyone know of a good running 196 out of a Scout 80/800?  Preferably in IN
or *maybe* IL?  Howard?  Jerry?  I won't need/want it until summer, and
the 4 speed would help to persuade me a little.*grin*
Oh, this would be on my '66.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - 152, 3 spd, D20 t/c, D27 front (I assume), D44 rear (?)