Re: prerunner scout?

josad@domain.elided wrote:

> I was thinking earlier, has anyone ever taken one of the older 2wd scouts
> and converted it to a prerunner?  seems to me they would be great for
> such a project, especially the later models w/ the 266 or 304 v8's,
> although even with a 'glass body, you'd still be real heavy, but it seems
> to me like an interesting project.

Not yet, Joe... but if you want to build one, I'll come over n' bring my
racer (when it's done) and we'll go play. :-)

Biggest problem with a Scout is that motor up front.. granted, no 4x4
front axle, no transfer case saves on weight *some* but...

You'd still want to move the motor rearward some for better balance.

You'll want suspension travel to soak up the slams.. but at the same
time, stock track width says you don't want to go too tall or you'll get
tippy... ditch the hardtop for sure and get a rag top for the weight
savings and better distribution.

I'd vote for 4" Triangles still spring-under.. with the Datsun HD bump
stops all around... hmm.. better throw air-ride bucket seats in there..
you'll need 'em...

31" tires.. no more.

Maybe that's my next project... ;-)