loss of power at high speeds...

Quick question: (maybe not so quick)

I've got a '73 Scout II with the following:

V345
Edelbrock Perf 600 4bbl (squarebore manifold)
MSD 6A
Holley points distributor w/ pertronix  (timed @14deg btdc)
Accel coil/wires
Bosch Platnium Plugs (gap: .045)
Single exhaust w/dynomax muffler

Otherwise stock

Here's the scenario:
I've recently installed the MSD (thanks all for your help) and notice a lack
of power at the high end, as well as while climbing hills.  What makes me
think that this is odd is that I also hear an uneven, raspy noise from the
exhaust when I'm accelerating hard up hills, particularly when I'm in the
left lane next to those Jersey Barricades on the freeway.  Any Ideas?  I
heard this noise before installation of the MSD, so I don't think that's a
factor... Also of note, I can set the timing upwards of 16-18 degrees
without any pinging. The distributor has been recently rebuilt and the
vacuum advance is new.  This one has me confused...

Thanks in advance.

Matt Neff
Beaverton, OR
(who wishes he had $800 for the 5-speed od tranny...)