Re: Radiator Fan Configurations

Kevin:

I run an electric fan from Hayden on my Terra/Traveler and have for many
years. I ran it by "default". The stock fan clutch failed and I couldn't
find a replacement anywhere. This was in my PD or pre-digest days. :-)

It has never overheated, even when pulling a horse trailer over forest
service roads in low range. I'd do it over in a heartbeat, although many
digesters don't think it's such a good idea. But, I'll tell you what, they
now make electric fans in up to 16" blade diameter that I know are quite
adequate for the IH heavy duty cooling application. Plus, you get all the
other benefits like having the fan run only when needed, less wear and tear
on your water pump, etc. etc.

By the way, a good electric rated to 350 HP applications like the one I
used are $100 to $200. Check Jegs or Summit.

Tom H.