Re: ihc-digest V6 #443

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, ihc-digest wrote:

> Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:23:18 GMT
> From: josad@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: Re[2]: Most dangerous braking situation...
>
> >        If you're upside down, shut the motor off, FIRST!
> >
> >     -Joel
> >

> I remember once seeing a sensor, perhaps for racing, that if you exceeded
> a certain degree point, it would kill power to your fuel pump.
>
> could be a useful addition to a 4x4
>
> joe

Joe,
When my g/f and I were looking at trucks for her last summer, we called on
a '94 Dodge 3/4 4x4 ext cab.  It was pretty cheap, and we asked why, and
the guy said it had been in an accident.  When we looked at it, it had
been all fixed and everything, and I asked what had been done in the
accident, and the guy said it had been rolled.  Alarms started going off
in my head because I remembered Joels story on his rollover and his
comment about turning off the engine if it ever happens.  I asked him if
it was turned off right away, and he said it had a sensor that turned of
the engine/fuel pump (something) that led to the truck being shut off.
So, the newer trucks have this, at least some of them do.

Oh, she ended up getting a '96 F150 4x4.  And I drive an '84 Mazda B2000.
Talk about penis envy! *grin*  One more reason to get my Scout on the
road....

Dan Felix - slowly catchin up on digests