Re: Closed/Open Knuckle...Full/Semi Floaters...

"John A. Landry" wrote:

> There's a 3/8" ID VENT HOLE in upper the face of the transmission pump body.

This would be the "mounting bolt" that doesn't have a bolt in it,
right?  I noticed it last night.

> I you pull the transmission and look in the bell housing area, you'll see it
> almost directly above the input shaft.

Well, my transmission is upside down on the garage floor, so it was
below it... ;-) (Hmm.. this might explain the extra puddle of ATF that
came from the bellhousing area overnight..

> The only way to prevent mud and water from getting in there is to tap that
> hole with a very short elbow fitting (so that it will clear the torque
> convertor), run a vent hose up through a hole drilled in the bell housing and
> terminate it up high in the engine compartment.

How short, John?  What size NPT fittings are we dealing with?  1/8"NPT
and elbow?  I think I have a tap for that size already..

Good thing you said something!  'Cuz if Dan didn't, I sure will!  I
*plan* on having my Scout fully submerged in mud n' good periodically.
:-)

Thanks, John.

-Tom