Re: Closed/Open Knuckle...Full/Semi Floaters...

As the little green aliens inserted a searing hot probe into the sternum of
Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>, a blood curdling scream was heard...

>How did you get it in there though?  Through the fill-tube?  Dipstick?
>The idea is to PLUG THOSE HOLES, Dan. :-)

OK... I'm going to let all you in on a little secret... pay close attention
here Dan!

There's a 3/8" ID VENT HOLE in upper the face of the transmission pump body.
I you pull the transmission and look in the bell housing area, you'll see it
almost directly above the input shaft.

The only way to prevent mud and water from getting in there is to tap that
hole with a very short elbow fitting (so that it will clear the torque
convertor), run a vent hose up through a hole drilled in the bell housing and
terminate it up high in the engine compartment.

You did take care of this when you were rebuilding your tranny... right Dan?

Nighty Night,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | For such a promiscuous conglomeration
Conservative Libertarian         | of numbskulls as generally constitutes
Life Member of the NRA           | an army a six pound pull is well
WA Arms Collectors               | enough.  With an easy pull soldiers
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | would decimate their own ranks more
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | than those of the enemy. T. S. Van Dyke