Why a smallblock 350 in a Travelall?

Hi all:

>I have a '72 Travelall 1110 4x4 with the IHC 304ci engine and 5-speed
>transmission. I am looking into dropping a new chevy 350 into it. I have
>talked with the folks at Advance Adaptors and they feel confident they
>have the kit to adapt the tranny. They said they only had motor mounts
>for the Scout.

Why would you want to downgrade your T-All like that?   Espeically one that
rare?   What is wrong with a 345 or 392???   Besides due to the way a GM has
a Rear mounted distributor, it would be a pain to change cap, rotor, wires,
and adjust timing....Seeing how IH engines sit way back in the firewall....

>I was under the impression that the mounts are the same for the
>Travellall as for the Scout. Does anyone know this answer offhand?
>
>Also I would love to hear from anyone else who has done a GM engine swap
>on a travelall.

Well I contemplated the idea of dropping a built 500 Caddie engine into a
Scout II.....

Chris "Lube" Lublin
lublin@domain.elided
Motor City Repair and Salvage, 1961-1971 Dodge Trucks, 1969-1974 IH light
trucks
Still parting out the '72 Scout II.