Re: I want room for 33 tyres, and I have an auto

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Howard R Pletcher wrote:

> Tom wrong?  Nah.  I'm sure you were able to determine it was attached to
> the frame.
> But given all the things you've told us about that racer, why would we
> think the tank mounting would be stock?  Original was mounted to the
> body.

Sure, now you're going to tell me Scouts didn't come with 2x4s between
the body and frame, near where the front body mounts are supposed to be,
to help reinforce shot mounts, right?  I guess those wood screws through
the body to the 2x4 *didn't* have a tiny little "IH" on 'em like I
thought I saw... dang.

:-)

-Tom