Re: : Wait, Carter AFB repros need an adapter?, Pro-Jection

Joel:
  I think I read someplace that there are IHC [4 barrel] manifolds
with different sized holes.  So, perhaps the ones with the bigger
holes in the back are from the Carter AFB?
Of course, the heat isolator gasket that John L. suggests lifts
the carb a bit and makes it a non-issue anyway.

I see that all the currently listed pro-jection units call for a
4 barrel manifold.  I thought there were some that dropped on
a 2 barrel, perhaps with some machine work due to a different
bolt pattern?
After reading about them, I'm not as impressed, and am reconsidering
my original idea:  Port injection, using the computer setup from a
Ford 351.  This setup uses a Mass Airflow sensor, which is a more
accurate input to the computer than the MAP sensor.  Time for more
research...I could proof it out on the Travelette....or I could save up for
that Powerstroke...

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup